Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Everyone has yucky days.


So, I've had a series of "yucky" days lately. I was feeling sorry for myself today when I remembered something the pastor was saying last Sunday at church.

"There is a beginning and an end to everything. Good or bad."

So, my bad days can't last forever! I shouldn't be focusing on all the negative things anyway. What about all the wonderful things I have in my life? God, family, friends, boyfriend, job, music, etc. These things are the most important.

"Negative thoughts and attitudes block My flow of life and power." He doesn't want us to dwell on the negative, He wants us to focus on Him and what He can do for us and what we can do for Him.

"I gave to you the Holy Spirit to bring wonderful days to you.
Revel in His power, His glory, His intercession and you will see all things come to you that are full of peace and joy. Love, God"
Galatians 5:22

1 comment:

Lara said...

By the grace of God, each moment is a new beginning, a new dawn for your potential. Your thoughts can become totally different, and as a result, your character can change and your life can be transformed. God wants you to be completely alive, full of passion, and bursting with joy. After all, we're his children--and would you want anything less for your children?

King David vividly illustrated God's desire when he wrote these words to the Lord: "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy" (Ps. 30:11). God desires us to experience great joy, and he created us with that capacity. He wants good things for us and has a wonderful plan for your future.

These words are from a book I am currently reading called "The 4:8 Principle" by Tommy Newberry. So far, I feel it will be a life-changing read. Highly recommend it!