Thursday, September 17, 2009

He is Mighty to SAVE!

A few years back, I was definitely at a very different place in my life. I had just finished college, moved back home and was starting all over again. There were a lot of unknowns.

It wasn't until just about a year to a year and a half ago that I surrendered my life to Him. I looked up and told Him that I belonged to Him and that every single day from then on I would live my life for Him. I entered with such passion and thirst for knowledge. It was pretty incredible, really. To this day, nothing has changed. I am even more happy today than I was that day....I continue to strive to learn anything and everything about Him and everything He has done for me.

When Andrew and I got engaged back in March 2009, that is when I really started thinking about the kind of man I really wanted to marry. I mean, don't get me wrong, I knew I wanted to marry Andrew all along, but spiritually. I sat down and wrote exactly what I would want in a husband. I knew a spiritual base was important to me. All I could do at that point was pray for Andrew. I prayed that God would show him what he needed to be for me, him and us together.

Andrew was not at the same point in his spiritual life as I was. In fact, I think he probably thought that I was a little wacko with how excited I was about being where I was. Church...Bible Study Groups....endless research about God, Jesus, the Bible...until LATE into the night and often the wee hours of the morning. Nevertheless, I kept praying. Hard.

God answers our prayers.

One random Saturday afternoon a while back, Andrew asked me if I was going to Church the next day. "Of course. Why?" His reply..."Can I go with you?" HALLELUJAH!!

We've been going together ever since. We go to the sermon and then to Married Bible study and thoroughly enjoy it. Together.

We are developing our spiritual base together. I've never felt more secure....I mean, these days divorce is awfully common. Developing this base together is putting us on the same page about a LOT of topics. Hard topics.

We're a completely different couple than we were a few months back. Much more sincere, honest, loving and STRONG. I know that focusing our lives on living for Him and serving Him is only going to lead to great things for us.

Whoever says God doesn't answer prayers...Are you sure? Have you tried?

1 comment:

Lara said...

Praise God! "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3

I am so glad to hear that Andrew is continuing to go with you to church (especially that y'all are going to a bible study class too!).

"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:16-18

Don't ever stop praying...